Artboard 1 apply Artboard 1 copy 2 Mount_Logo_Primary_RGB Mount_Logo_Primary_RGB give Artboard 1 copy 3 info link Mount_Logo_Primary_RGB Artboard 1 Artboard 2 Artboard 1 visit

Transfer Students

Transferring to the Mount

If you’re considering transferring into the Mount community, we’re ready to show you everything Mount St. Mary’s University has to offer. Our team works hard to make it easy for you to make a seamless transition to the Mount—helping you with everything from transferring credits to course scheduling to assistance with financial aid.

Schedule a Transfer Visit

If you haven’t made your final transfer decision and would like to learn more about the Mount, we encourage you to make an appointment to speak with our Transfer Coordinator. During your conversation, you can discuss transferring credits, ask questions with our transfer expert, have your official/unofficial transcript reviewed, and discuss scholarships and financial aid.

Schedule a visit

Transferring is easy

Here’s what you need to know:

  • You can transfer to the Mount in either the fall (deadline June 1) or spring (deadline December 1) semester.
  • Once accepted, you can be considered for both merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid (with submission of the FAFSA).
  • We will help you find what courses transfer from your previous institution.
  • We will work with you to ensure that you are on track to graduate on time.

Contact us

For questions about transferring to the Mount, please email Molly Kennedy, Admissions Counselor, or call her at 301-447-5080 to discuss your specific situation.

Applying is easy too

To submit an application to transfer to Mount St. Mary’s University, simply complete the transfer student online application accompanied by the following:

  • Required Materials: official college transcript from all colleges and universities that you have attended
  • Optional Materials: one letter of recommendation from a professor who taught you an academic course during the last two academic years

You may be asked to submit a mid-semester grade report during the decision process. To be accepted as a transfer student you must:

  • Be in good academic and administrative standing at your former or present institution.
  • Have a 2.4 GPA or better in college courses.

Community College Articulation Agreements

The Mount is pleased to offer students opportunities to make the transfer process even easier through our articulation agreements with partner institutions. These agreements make it easy to transfer credits and get started at the Mount by spelling out things like academic course requirements, guaranteed admissions policies and more. Mount St. Mary's University proudly offers articulation agreements with the following schools:

  • Frederick Community College
  • Hagerstown Community College
  • Carroll Community College
  • Howard Community College
  • The College of Southern Maryland

For questions about transferring to the Mount, please email Molly Kennedy, Admissions Counselor, or call er at 301-447-5080 to discuss your specific situation.

Ready to Apply?

If you're ready to apply, it's fast, convenient and there's no application fee.

Apply online

Looking for other information?

If you're a community college student looking for information on how to transfer to the Mount's Frederick campus, visit our community college transfer page.

Frederick Campus Transfer Student Admissions

Transfer Scholarships and Financial Aid

Academic scholarships are available to full-time transfer students and awarded for academic achievement and leadership. Once a student is accepted and offered an academic scholarship, no changes will be made to increase the amount.

Learn more about Transfer Student Financial Aid

If you plan to apply for financial assistance, learn more about Transfer Student Financial Aid.

Transfer Student Financial Aid


If you applied to the Mount less than one year ago, please contact Molly Kennedy at 301-447-5080. If you applied more than one year ago, you will need to reapply. If you previously attended the Mount, left the university, and would like to return, please contact the Registrar's Office at 301-447-5215.